Wilde Lake Vs Glenelg Rivalry Continues

Wilde Lake Vs Glenelg Rivalry Continues

The underdogs of Howard County, Wilde Lake boys varsity basketball team started the game against Glenelg on December 10 with aggressiveness and fierceness and ended with victory, catching the Glenelg Gladiators by complete surprise.

During the game, the Wilde cats put fifty points on the scoreboard, while restricting the visiting Gladiators to only forty-six points, thus winning the game. This puts the

When interviewed, Coach Wingfield said that even though all of the games in the season are important, the game against Glenelg is one of the most imperative games to win this season to him personally.

As students at Wilde Lake High School, Coach Wingfield and the coach for Glenelg High School, Coach Snyder, played on the same basketball team all four years.

“This is probably one of the biggest rivalries for me because we’re playing against my high school and I’ve known Coach Wingfield since middle school.” said Coach Snyder of Glenelg.

During the game, the Wilde Lake Varsity Boys team put 50 points on the scoreboard while restricting the visiting Glenelg Gladiators to only 46 points, winning the game. This puts the Wilde Lake record at 1-1.

Although leaving Wilde Lake with a loss, Glenelg will have another chance at defeating the Wilde Cats on February 3, 2015 at 5:30 pm.

Donate to The Paw Print
$75
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wilde Lake High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.