Max Hill Finds Success at States

Max Hill Finds Success at States

Max Hill was the only member of distance track headed to states for Wilde Lake this season. Despite having ran just three seasons of track, Max’s years of training before high school have brought him to states in his sophomore year where he was able to run the 800 in 2:09, the 1600 in 4:48, and the 3200 in 10:06.

“I started running in the third grade and ran on and off with the Howard County Striders and Team Accelerate track club until my freshman year,” said Hill. “Then, I solely focused my running training with Wilde Lake and Coach Bass.”

Hill runs a variety of events for the track team in the mid and long distance range. His favorite part of the sport, however, is the team that he trains with.

“What makes track a sport worth doing is the tight knit team experience, and because Coach Bass has run and coached at a very high level so he knows how to get the best out of his runners,” said Hill. “My teammates are also very committed to running for Wilde Lake, as I believe most runners who are not serious about running for Coach Bass aren’t willing to stick around.”

Hill placed sixth in states, a significant achievement for a high school sophomore according to his teammates who have watched his progress over the past two years.

“He’s a tough runner with a strong mental mind,” said junior distance runner Nathan Gears.

Hill still has five more seasons to go in his high school career. “Max has a lot of potential,” said sophomore teammate Bishal Regmi. “I’m excited to see what he does with it.”

Donate to The Paw Print
$75
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Wilde Lake High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.